Located in northern Italy, Bologna is a popular student town with over 100,000 students, accounting for almost 25 percent of the total population. The city attracts more students and visitors each year for school and for various cultural festivals. This makes it extremely difficult for young people to find accommodations during the start of the semester (around August and September).
Built based on the concept of bringing guests and students to live together, WeBologna Hostel is one of the newest accommodations in town. Is is run as both a hostel and a dormitory. The student-friendly environment is one of the things I liked the most about WeBologna. Read on to understand more about why every young traveller must experience a stay here.
1. The hostel is located in great location!WeBologna hostel lies in a calm and green neighbourhood where you can easily reach the university and the central train station (Bologna Centrale) on foot. The hostel is operated under the Gastameco Association (Youth Factory And Accommodation), that also run the WeCrociferi accommodation in Venice.
2. The rooms are extremely cuteThere are 250 beds in total, including 4-bed dorms and two-bed rooms. Beds are available for all guests to book during their stay, while only students can rent a room on a monthly basis. As the accommodation has recently been running since last year, the rooms at We_Bologna are equipped with the latest facilities including televisions, new tables and bathroom facilities. Laundry service is available for 2 EUR (roughly 2.5 USD) per wash.
3. A fully-equipped kitchen is availableNext to the reception desk on the first floor you’ll find a kitchen with dishes, cutlery and even a dishwasher for guest use. Breakfast is offered for guests every morning for 3 EUR (roughly 3.5 USD).
4. They even have a cinema room!What differs most about We_Bologna Hostel is probably the mini cinema room for guests and tenants to enjoy movies. The cinema room is located on the ground floor.
5. You can even enjoy studying tooAlso located on the ground floor is a big study room with huge tables, which is favoured by guests who enjoy reading. Students also have lot of space to do work and free high speed Wi-Fi connection throughout the whole building is available.
6. There are several activities for guestsThough having only just opened recently, We_Bologna staff have already initiated several outdoor and indoor activities for guests and students to get together. Guests and tenants can hang out in multiple locations including the outdoor area, the kitchen and the common space on the second floor. The hostel also offers city maps and instructions on how to get around, what to eat and see.
7. Last but not least, the staff are your friends!Another thing I like about We_Bologna is that you can always have a chat with the reception team any time. Like almost every person from Bologna, the staff are friendly, talkative and always willing to help you when needed.
Come for a long visit in Bologna!
Come see the beautiful, underrated Bologna to experience a short stay or come a student, rather than a visitor! You will have amazing experiences with the locals in this underrated city.
Get Trip101 in your inbox
You can buy and claim online, even after you've left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
*5% off when you book with our promo code: TRIP101
*For our Canadian and US travellers, unfortunately due to financial services laws, we cannot provide a discount. This promotional code cannot be used with any other discount offer, including World Nomads Members’ discount for travel insurance policy holders.