One of the worse ways to deal with jet lag is surrendering to sleep. If you don’t keep yourself awake long enough to adjust to local time, you might end up sleeping a whole day of your travel away, which is great if you’re there to enjoy luxurious hospitality and amenities, but terrible if you were looking to explore the destination.
So, what’s the best way to prevent yourself from tumbling into bed after a long, cramped flight? To dance yourself out of the room, of course, or at least, keep yourself awake for the length of the taxi ride. Here’s a playlist just for that! It features songs from all sorts of genres in 10 languages, with very different moods. However, the songs all have one thing in common — whether through sheer speed or dramatic crescendos, these songs will help keep you awake as you move through your destination!
- 7, the Element- Vitas
- Spicy Madonna- Bradio
- Bad Boy- A mei
- Take on Me- A-ha
- The Final Countdown- Europe
- Dope- BTS
- Ievan Polka - Korpiklaani
- Teir Abhaile Riu- Celtic Woman
- Noushou Sakuretsu Girl- reirulili
- Too Much So Much Very Much- Thongchai McIntyre
- Long Digger- Caravan Palace
- Boum Boum Boum- Mika
- Guns and Ships- Leslie Odom Jr, Daveed Diggs, Christopher Jackson, Original Broadway cast of Hamilton
- Marry The Night- Lady Gaga
- Venner- Alexander Rybak, Pernille Hogstad Stene
- Together Forever- Rick Astley
- Pacific Rim (feat. Tom Morello)- Rami Djawadi, Tom Morello, Nick Glennie-Smith
- Lion Heart- Girls’ Generation
- Flight of the Silverbird- Two Steps from hell, Thomas Bergersen
- You Only Live Once- YURI!!! On ICE, w.hatano
Get up and go!
We hope that this playlist has reinstated some fun into your tired body after a gruelling, long flight. May the dulcet tunes of Thongchai McIntyre and the otherworldly falsetto of Vitas accompany you through your journey.