LAST UPDATED: 26 May 2020
Personally Identifiable Information Collection and Use
- to recognize your account membership for our services, and to provide you our services;
- to notify you about our services, and to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- to send your inquiries to travel vendors (including, not limited to, online / offline travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental agencies, and travel insurance providers);
- to deliver direct mails and e-mails with information relating to our services;
- to conduct promotional campaigns / questionnaires;
- to personalize and improve our services for you (targeting the contents more suitable for you);
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints;
- to monitor and analyze service usage and trends;
- to reward loyalty points to you;
Personally Identifiable Information Store and Protection
The Company has a security program intended to keep the personally identifiable information stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access and misuse.
Personally Identifiable Information to be Collected from You
The Company collects the following information from you:
- E-mail address;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Location Information;
The Company may automatically collect certain logistical information in server logs, including your IP addresses and information about how you use various features of our services and information about the number, frequency and length of each session.
Advertising and Analytics
The Company works with online advertising companies to display targeted advertising on our services and third party websites and/or services that you visit. This targeting may be based on information you submit on our services or third party websites and/or services. This targeting may also be based on your activities or behaviors on our services or those of third party websites and/or services.
The Company may also use third parties to collect usage analytics for our Services the Company offer. These third parties will place their own cookies to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver us relevant metrics and information.
- Google, Inc.
Proper collection of Personally Identifiable Information
The Company explicitly indicates the purpose of the use for the personally identifiable information, and in principle, will collect your personally identifiable information based on obtaining your prior consent. (For minors, the Company may request consent from their parents/legal guardians.) The Company will not obtain your personally identifiable information from you or third parties by deception or any other illegal means.
The Company is very concerned with safeguarding your personal identifiable information. The Company implements the preventive and security measures designed to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access:
- Assignment of Privacy Manager
- Training and supervision of employees
- Establishment of Personal Identifiable Information Protection Regulations
- Supervision of the outsourcing contractors
- Data encryption / Access control
Provision of Personally Identifiable Information to the Third Party
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if the Company notify you on the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form which is not personally identifiable;
- with travel vendors, consultants, out sourcing contractors and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of our sevices and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when the Company believe in good faith that the Company are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public;
- with travel vendors (please refer to the article 9 below) where you have made reservations for your accommodation, and air tickets, etc.;
- when the Company believe in good faith that the Company are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities under applicable laws or ordinances;You understand that when you voluntarily disclose your personally identifiable information via internet, such information may be publicly available, and the Company shall not be liable or responsible for any consequences as it is not collected by the Company.
Supervision of Outsourcing Contractors
The Company may, from time to time, disclose your personally identifiable information to outsourcing contractors for our legitimate business purposes as permitted by law. These outsourcing contractors will process your personal identifiable information as data controllers in accordance with their own privacy policies. The Company ensures the security of personally identifiable information, along with appropriate supervision, by mandating these outsourcing contractors through contract to implement the preventive and security measures designed to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access.
Sharing of the Personally Identifiable Information with Travel vendors.
The Company will share your personally identifiable information with travel vendors when you contact us about their information and/ or materials (including, not limited to, inquiries about reservations and accommodations etc.).
Inquiry / Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
You can demand inquiry, verification, correction, deletion of your personally identifiable information, the Company shall respond immediately in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
For inquiry, verification, correction, deletion of your personally identifiable information, please e-mail us along with a copy of identification documents (e.g., copy of driver’s license) to the address indicated below.
Trip101 Pte. Ltd.
Use of This Website
Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
The Company cooperates government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of personally identifiable information.
Efforts in Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
The Company makes our best effort to protect your personally identifiable information.
Your use of our services shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore unless otherwise specified.
The Company implements various security measures, including firewalls and encryption of communication contents through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology constructed to industry standards, to protect your personally identifiable information. The pages where security measures are applied are indicated with RapidSSL seal.