With tall cliffs that jut out to the sea, their rocky faces covered in green moss and surrounded by the sparkling blue waters of the Andaman Sea, the beautiful town province of Krabi is truly a gem on the western coast of South Thailand. It is a charming town that dates its existence as a settlement back to prehistoric times. Today, Krabi has emerged on the globetrotter’s list of must-visit places for the perfect vacation. It has an ideal blend of relaxing and adventurous activities that will leave you re-energized. Here are 5 of the must-see attractions in Krabi, listed especially for those pressed for time or confused as to where to start exploring in this mesmerizing little resort town.
1. Khao Khanap NamThe very name of Krabi invokes in our mind, the image of two tall mountains, roughly 100m tall, that stand out against the horizon on either banks of the Maenam Krabi river, at the very entrance to the city. Khao Khanap Nam has become the iconic landmark of Krabi. With several caves filled with stalagmites and stalactites, and accessible only by boat, this amazing attraction in Krabi offers tourists a day of exploration with a slice of adventure.
2. Mu Kho Phi Phi National ParkEncompassing some of the most easily accessible islands in the world, Mu Kho Phi Phi certainly bags its right to be among the must-see attractions in Krabi. The national park consists of the breathtaking Phi Phi Islands and Nopparat Thara Beach. The lush green islands are surrounded by a clear and deep blue sea, making it a diver’s paradise. The ocean floor has stunning and colorful coral reefs that will leave you breathless with wonder. Try your hand at snorkeling in the shallow waters near the beach.
3. Nopparat Thara BeachEven before it became a part of the Phi Phi National Park, Nopparat Thara Beach was among the top attractions in Krabi. The white sandy beach sparkles silver and seems to stretch on forever. As the blue waters of the sea recede at low tide, behold a seafloor dotted with multi colored seashells in various shapes and sizes. Walk along this rainbow colored wonder and bask in its beauty.
4. Ao NangDotted with restaurants and food stalls, the tranquil Ao Nang beach offers you a relaxing time, mouth-watering and authentic Thai cuisine as well as a glimpse into the lifestyle of the locals, especially the fishermen. Nurse an exotic drink in your hand and watch as the sun sinks beneath the horizon. Let the gentle breeze carry away your worries.
5. Than Bok Khorani National ParkGet set for an adventure of a lifetime, trekking through Than Bok Khorani National Park, one of the most sought after attractions in Krabi. Take a dip in the emerald pools in the park, surrounded by exotic flora. It is also home to many limestone caves, where remains of prehistoric people and ancient drawings have been found. Enjoy canoeing and snorkeling, and be enchanted by the pristine mangrove forests. Get transported to a hidden world of wonder and beauty.
Get Trip101 in your inbox
You can buy and claim online, even after you've left home. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
*5% off when you book with our promo code: TRIP101
*For our Canadian and US travellers, unfortunately due to financial services laws, we cannot provide a discount. This promotional code cannot be used with any other discount offer, including World Nomads Members’ discount for travel insurance policy holders.